The NZTA Assessment Steps towards regaining your licence
If you have been given a ‘section 65′ indefinite licence disqualification by the court, you will need to have this removed before you can re-sit your licence. This means completing an alcohol and other drug assessment in order to assess your ‘fitness to drive‘, given that you have ‘lost’ your licence for ‘drink driving’ offences.
Harmony Trust can help you through this process. There is ‘no charge’ if this is your first attempt, as it will be funded by the NZTA (New Zealand Transport Agency).
We have assessment centres in:
Onehunga, Manurewa, Glenfield, Remuera and Glen Eden.
To book in for an assessment at any of these centres call: 09 6363449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The basic process is as follows:
- Attend an assessment interview with Harmony Trust counsellor.
- Complete a blood test – this is a test for ‘liver function’ and full blood count.
- Attend an appointment with our Doctor who will check your blood test results.
- Complete any ‘alcohol and drug’ education recommended by your counsellor.
- Your counsellor will then send a report to the NZTA and you should receive a letter from them within one to two weeks.
- You will then need to re-sit your licence (call the NZTA on 0800 822 422 or visit www.nzta.govt.nz for more information on this process and to check the end date of your disqualification).